Sweet like Sunday Morning!
The best day of the week is upon us and I couldn’t be cozier in bed writing this post. Once you decide to crawl out of your comfy cloud, I have a super easy recipe for you to make for the upcoming week!
The picture above is with all ingredients blended together in a Nutri-bullet, I really liked this consistency. The photos below are of all the ingredients simply mixed by hand, either option is fine. However, I personally preferred the nutri-bullet batch because I think the flavors blended together better.
Most of you will have almost all of these ingredients, which makes this recipe perfect for a Sunday! >>> Almond butter (which can be replaced with peanut butter), apple sauce (can be made by blending apples and water), oatmeal, chia seeds (optional), cinnamon, baking powder, salt, water, coconut oil (if you don’t have it, no big deal) and honey (optional).
These breakfast cookies are fiber rich, leaving you feeling fuller longer. Fiber also feeds the good bacteria in your intestine and it’s important to keep those guys happy for good gut health! Did I mention they are also the perfect treat, add some coconut ice cream on top of a warm cookie and you’re indulging in guilt-free goodness!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup apple sauce (mix 1/4 cup [give or take] water and 1 one apple in a blender if you don’t have apple sauce)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Mix all ingredients together or blend all ingredients together, either option is fine, the consistency will only be different.
- Once blended well together, shape into small to medium sized cookies.
- Place cookie dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet
- Top with apple slices (optional)
- Bake for about 30 minutes
- Once removed from oven, drizzle honey over cookies (optional)
With love & health,