Uppababy Vista vs Mima Xari Stroller
When I was looking for a stroller I was looking for two things: design and functionality. That’s what led me to the Uppababy Vista stroller and the Mima Xari stroller. I was looking around Nordstrom and I told the sales rep that I was going to show her my two top picks, and wanted her to tell me which one was more functional and realistic.
She ended up telling me that the Uppababy vista was more realistic, so that’s what I ended up going with. Then my mother-in-law needed a stroller, so I showed her the Mima Xari. She loved it, so that’s what she purchased. She leaves it at our house until she needs it, so I go back and forth between the two. I wanted to review the two because I’m luckily familiar with both!
I absolutely love the design of the Mima Xari, it’s so sleek and modern and is almost 100% customizable. The first thing I noticed when I actually took it for a stroll was how easy it was to maneuver, which is my main complaint about the Uppababy vista. There are times when I have tried to turn the vista and have to tilt the stroller back to be able to turn it, which is a pain. The Mima Xari is such a smooth ride, makes a complete 360 turn, and is a total stunner!
However, the storage space is quite small. I’m a girl who loves large purses, totes and diaper bags, and let’s just say, there is no space for me to just toss my bag into. It has two small compartments, where the Uppababy Vista has much more storage space.
I really like the design of the Uppababy Vista stroller as well. There are nine colors to choose from and the handles are real leather. It is also quite light weight, where the Xari is heavier. I also really like how the Uppababy vista bassinet has an extended sunshade that will completely cover the baby when the bug shade is zipped on. When using the Xari I can pull the sunshade down but then I have to use a blanket to fully shade Antoni.
Both strollers can grow with the family, which I think is really important. Both can convert into a double seated stroller. Either two bassinets, two toddler seats, or one of each. However, there is quite a difference in the price. The Uppababy Vista starts at $899.99 and the Mima Xari starts at $1,424.00.
Overall, I would be happy with either but If I had to pick one I would go with the Mima Xari stroller just because I’m drastically persuaded by the look/design of it and how smooth the ride is. Below I break down the two a little more straight forwardly.
- Uppababy – Included, separate piece that clicks on
- Mima – Included, bassinet is stored inside the seat unit & is easy to transform into a bassinet or seat
- Uppababy – 26.6 lb
- Mima – 29.5 lb
- Uppababy – $899.99
- Mima – $1424.99
- Uppababy – Austin (Hunter/Silver/Leather), Dennison (Bordeaux/Silver), Henry (Blue Marl/Silver/Leather), Jake (Black/Carbon), Pascal (Grey/Carbon), Taylor (Indigo/Silver)
- Mima – Almost completely customizable – Aluminum/Argento/Autumn Stripes, Aluminum/Argento/Black & White, Aluminum/Argento/Hot Magenta, Aluminum/Argento/Retro Blue, Aluminum/Argento/Sandy Beige, Aluminum/Argento/Stone White, Argento / Black, Argento / Black And White, Argento / Hot Magenta, Black / Black And White, Black / Hot Magenta, Black / Red, Black White / Black White, Black/Argento/Autumn Stripes, Black/Argento/Black, Black/Argento/Black & White, Black/Argento/Hot Magenta, Black/Argento/Retro Blue, Black/Argento/Ruby Red, Black/Argento/Sandy Beige, Black/Argento/Stone White, British Green / Sandy Beige, Camel / Black, Camel / Sandy Beige, Camel / Stone White, Cool Grey / Retro Blue, Cool Grey / Stone White, Rose Gold/Argento/Autumn Stripes, Rose Gold/Argento/Black, Rose Gold/Argento/Black & White, Rose Gold/Argento/Hot Magenta, Rose Gold/Argento/Retro Blue, Rose Gold/Argento/Ruby Red, Rose Gold/Argento/Sandy Beige, Rose Gold/Argento/Stone White, Snow White / Black, Snow White / Black And White, Snow White / Hot Magenta, Snow White / Red, Snow White / Retro Blue
- Uppababy – Complete 360, such a smooth ride
- Mima – More difficult, need to tilt back wheels to turn
- Uppababy – Extra-large, easy-access basket
- Mima – Two small compartments – couldn’t even fit my diaper bag
- Uppababy – Leather
- Mima – Leather, adjustable
- Uppababy – EXTENDED WARRANTY of 1 year for a total of 3 years on all strollers, infant car seats, and now select accessories simply by registering your product online within 3 months of purchase.
- Mima –
the warranty is valid for 24 months starting on the date of purchase. This warranty period cannot be extended, even if the product has to be repaired. For the warranty to be valid you need to:1. Have registered your product online at2.Provide your retailer with the original receipt.3.Provide your retailer with a description of the defect.• The warranty only covers the original owner of the product and cannot be transferred to any subsequent owner. The warranty entitles the owner to have the product repaired.
- Uppababy – Bulky, wider in the back
- Mima – Thiner designer, easier for transit